Saturday, November 7, 2009

Busy Week Ahead...

Hello 5C students and families! I hope you all enjoyed your extra day off yesterday, especially since the weather was so wonderful! A little windy, but otherwise spectacular. Today promises to be beautiful as well, so get out there and enjoy it!!

First of all, I want to say a big THANK YOU to all parents (and students) who attended conferences. It was great to see you all and have the chance to chat about your fifth grader. I truly enjoy working with each 5C student and I enjoyed sharing their accomplishments and progress with you! Thanks again for taking the time out of your busy schedules to meet with me!

With conference week behind us, we look ahead to next week and something many of my 5C students are not looking forward to...ITBS. But, the good news is that this year we have cut back on the number of tests we will be taking!! Mrs. Sorenson, Mrs. Halverson and I sat down last week and scheduled the fifth grade tests. We will be taking three tests this week and three tests next week. So, hopefully 5C, you won't feel like our testing schedule is too draining. When thinking of ITBS, please make sure your student gets a good nights sleep the night before our tests and eats a good breakfast, either at home or at school, the morning of the test. We will have some "brain food" before we take our tests, which is a nice treat from the school! Our first test will be a math test on Wednesday. We will take the science test on Thursday and a "tryout" test on Friday. 5C - I will explain the "tryout" test to you later this week.

In addition to taking ITBS, we will also have a Veterans Day assembly on Wednesday morning. This assembly is just for fifth grade students. We will be listening to local veterans share their stories and memories and you will also have the opportunity to ask questions, so start thinking about what you would like to ask! 

Finally, to top off the week, I will be gone on Thursday morning and all day Friday. On Thursday morning, I will be at a Building Leadership Team Meeting in the building from 8:00-11:30. On Friday, I will be out of town in Chicago. My brother-in-law is getting married on Saturday and we will be heading to Chicago on Friday for the festivities! 5C students are all aware of these days and know that I expect nothing but their absolute best for our substitutes! Right, 5C???

Well, that's it for now. I'm sure I will think of other things I forgot later and will end up making another post, but for now, enjoy the weekend! I now it sounds early, but we're going to hang Christmas lights! The weather is too good to pass up! 

1 comment: